Wednesday, September 22, 2010

YS: The Oath in Felghana

YS: The Oath in Felghana
These days I had the chance to play one awesome Japanese game – YS.
The YS series are several RPG games but here I’ll talk only for YS: The Oath in Felghana. I have no background information about the series, so if you are an old YS fan, don’t shoot at me, those are my first impressions only.
The series are centered at the adventures of Adol, our main hero. As every hero, he is cool, his favorite breakfast is fried monsters and of course he has to save the world and the young lady. Yep, there is a beautiful, blondie young lady to be saved.



YS: The Oath in Felghana
Gameplay
The game controls are smooth and after some time I actually forgot that the real world is outside the screen. The game world is beautiful but deadly so the players don’t have much time to relax. The average monsters are somewhat easy to be beaten but there are strong boss monsters. During his journey, Adol finds some hidden treasures – powerful artifacts that help him in some tough situations. For example the first boss is unpassable without the Firedragon Amulet. Some places on the map a too high and you can’t reach them unless you use the wind bracelet.

The Story
The game starts with short story as Adol and his friend arrived at Felghana. The game follows the story closely with series of quests that reveal the characters background and motivation. The plot is interesting even without the action but together they form an awesome adventure.

MMORPG
As I heard there is an MMORPG YS Online, currently in Open Beta. I’ll try to learn more and I’ll make a separate post about it. I hope it is as good as the series, I can’t wait to play it!

YS: The Oath in FelghanaYS: The Oath in FelghanaYS: The Oath in Felghana

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts